About this course
The Design Thinking course is designed for organizations needing to develop innovative solutions in order for products and services to meet the needs of consumers. Participants will use the “Design Thinking Process”, which will allow them to devise strategies by thinking outside the box in order to design prototype products or services. These designs will be used to carry out preliminary testing on the target market, in which the feedback received will be used to further develop the product/service before it is mass produced for the market.
Participants can expect to gain the following from this course.
- Learn the different stages in innovative idea development.
- Practice applying Design Thinking for use in innovative idea development.
- Develop goods and services that meet the needs of consumers.
- Adapt Design Thinking for use in planning and analysis.
Individuals in managerial positions in organizations interested in building innovative businesses.
The program length is 1 day and consists of 20% Theory, 30% Case Studies and 50% Workshop, with emphasis on these 5 stages of innovative idea development.
1. Empathize to maximize understanding of the target market by learning their needs and opinions. This is an essential first step of business development as it allows organizations to develop ideas or make adjustments that fit the requirements of the target market.
2. Define This stage involves the synthesizing of information and setting of open ended questions that allow for the brainstorming of creative business ideas. This is important as after an understanding of the target market has been achieved, organizations must clearly define existing problems, their causes and potential solutions.
3. Ideate Develop ideas using open ended question from the previous stage with emphasis on getting various possible solutions to address defined problems.
4. Prototype Simulate or design preliminary prototypes which users can use for testing and gathering feedback. This helps provide a clearer understanding of the idea as well as identify potential weaknesses early on.
5. Test Use developed prototype on users from the target market in order to observe its performance. Recommendations and feedback received from this stage will then be used to make necessary modifications that match the desires of the target market. Thus, empathy and understanding of the target markets needs are essential in making the correct modifications which will ultimately result in the organization’s success.
TIME Digital are willing to adapt the program according to suitability and the requirements of each client.